Old March 4th 04, 12:06 PM
Thomas Juerges

Default Good CCD Camera for 10k-15k Euro

Dear David,

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 22:28:31 +0000, David Whysong wrote:
Ok, maybe I'm confused...

If you take two short ( 1 second) exposures, then subtract one from the
other, what is the RMS of the resulting image?

It should be something of order 10; if it's more like 4000, then something
is very wrong with your camera.

See the personal mail I sent you for my current time schedule. I'll keep
the mailing list informed.

Thanks for the link! I had a look at the SBIG library, the STL cameras
have a very high level filter wheel interface so programming that should
be easy compared to (for example) autoguiding. Anyway I'll definitely
have a look at your software when it's posted, thanks.

Yes, you are right. There is only a small but: They have implemented not
as much as they should have done. Some features are still missing as
a function to be called for repetitive exposures or reading out the
ambient temperature sensor as it is possible for ccd temperature. Although
it is not a big problem to put the needed functionality into the library
code.

Regards,
Thomas