Old November 16th 15, 10:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Default About the resupply missions in "The Martian".

if we cut the travel time to mars by 90%, the consuables are now 90% less.

since we dont have the $$ for hhumans to go to mars right now. were better off building vasmir, design a mars orbital station, design a mars lander station, basically design the infrastructure we will need.

I believe attempting to stop terrorism will kill any humans explore mars programs for the forseable future.

however we could send the parts for a mars base buried under mars regolith by unmanned dozers, etc etc, while vasmir is tested.

since having quick travel within our solar system can open not just mars to exploration

and running a vasmir full out, could it get us to another solar system?