Old January 3rd 07, 03:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn

Default Any Rocket Engineers Here?

In article
,
David Findlay wrote:

I propose we design and build a rocket and space capsule for a one way trip
to see if Venus is suitable for habitation. Brad Guth would be more than
happy to be the sole astronaut on board, and he can jump out once it lands
without a space suit and prove to the world that Venus supports life as it
is now! Now when can we start building it? Thanks,

David

Yes! I am sure that we could do it with something like a Saturn V and
kill 2 birds with one stone!

1. It would prove to "Guthy Gander" that the Sat V had the capability to
send men to the moon and back and

2. We would be free of a pest!