Old November 5th 05, 03:44 AM
ruzicka

Default Griffen Testimony

"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
nasa runs the risk of being irrevelant, private industry might make
nasa look really lame

Well, I hope private industry does. Because if so, more will be
possible in space, more cheaply. Both for NASA and for everyone else.

But I'm not sure how quickly that will be happening. The big
aerospace companies aren't likely to try to push EELV together with
something for rendezvous, on-orbit assembly, etc. And the
entrepreneurs haven't gotten to orbit yet, much less solved all those
problems.

I'm not sure about Boeing, but Lockheed Martin has indeed been looking at
the continued "evolution" of the Atlas family of launch vehicles, including
Saturn V class and beyond, as well as on-orbit transfer vehicles.