Old June 6th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: NGC 5033, a Spiral Galaxy in Virgo

Hi George.. I have always liked the color versions of this galaxy as the
bright center has that fried egg look. I think one could almost dip a piece
of toast in this shot.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
"George Normandin" wrote in message
With only 30 minutes of total exposure time this is not quite as good as
Rob Gendler's recent 30 *hour* exposure image!!

Image taken with an SBIG STL-1301E camera thru an OGS 20-inch RC Cass
working at F/5.3 (using my home-made focal reducer). The field of view is
about 19.5x25 arc minutes with North at the top.

For more info on NGC 5033, see:
http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n5033.htm

George N