Old November 7th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO:NGC281

"Fabio" wrote in message
Thank you very much Richard, you are too gentle!!!

I changed my elaboration..i think that now it looks better....
http://www.fabioh2o.it/Images/DeepSky/deep61.htm

I need to do a lot of practice yet... :-))

I do like that one better.

Actually the "fuzzball" effect you had surrounding the stars was
interesting. I guess that was some sort of plugin filter or something else
that was "signal processing" rather than something captured by the camera:
correct?

I tried for NGC281 a few times. I never really was completely satisfied with
my results either and I do need to pay them a visit again and see if I can
improve on the previous work.

here are the best of my attempts:

(s2/ha/o3)
http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...2HaO3_page.htm

(synthetic rgb, ha/o3/o3+"hb")

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...ao3o3_page.htm

if the synthetic RGB method is interesting and you are interested in other
examples and more detail, I refer you to this location:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/synthetic_rgb_page.htm

it will do a good job on the color of the nebula but not so much on the
stars

Regards

Fabio Acquarone
Website: http://www.fabioh2o.it
Email :

"Richard Crisp" ha scritto nel messaggio
et...

"Fabio" wrote in message
. ..
..alias Pacman Nebula

Hi to all,

i am posting the first image of two nights observing days, after
years the weather seems helping me a lot. I hope the same also for
you.

This is the elaboration of 20 shots at 10minutes using the Televue
Genesis 100mm f5. As usual using the SXVF-H9C.
I have to say that the observing site is medium inquinated, but the
good transparency helped a lot.

Oher images at Website:
http://www.fabioh2o.it

Nice to see your image Fabio, I enjoyed it

I took a look at your website too. Nice pix, nice family, nice friends at
the star parties.

Thanks for posting them.
rdc