Old December 17th 18, 06:17 PM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

Default No Alien Visits Ever

casagiannoni wrote:
A very good reason why we're never visited by any aliens :

Distances between stars are way too great, as to preclude any
possibility of practical travel between them. Like everything, Aliens
would be limited to the accepted and proven speed limit of
c = 3E8 m/sec, and practically and likely something FAR slower.
Distance = Speed x Time. Do the simple math.

Probably just as well. If Man is any example, then aliens who would
likely be more advanced, and would view Mankind as a primitive entity
to be used at will. We might make delicious hors d'oeuvres !

A few hundred years ago it was known that nobody could sail the oceans faster than the wind
and birds could only fly because those were lighter than air.

Twenty first century fishsicks is really wrong on many issues.
Yes life on earth could well be a RNA experiment by some alien kid
that got a Doctor Monster kit for its birthday.