Old December 17th 18, 06:56 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default No Alien Visits Ever

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 10:17:46 AM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
casagiannoni wrote:
A very good reason why we're never visited by any
aliens :

Distances between stars are way too great, as to
preclude any possibility of practical travel
between them. Like everything, Aliens would be
limited to the accepted and proven speed limit of
c = 3E8 m/sec, and practically and likely
something FAR slower.
Distance = Speed x Time. Do the simple math.

Probably just as well. If Man is any example,
then aliens who would likely be more advanced,
and would view Mankind as a primitive entity to
be used at will. We might make delicious hors
d'oeuvres !

We'd probably be toxic, but you have a good point.

A few hundred years ago it was known that nobody
could sail the oceans faster than the wind and
birds could only fly because those were lighter
than air.

.... and we have "ideas" here, on how one MIGHT get around the "cannot move faster than the speed of light" problem. Aliens might have had these ideas for long enough to have developed one or more of them.

Twenty first century fishsicks is really wrong on
many issues. Yes life on earth could well be a
RNA experiment by some alien kid that got a Doctor
Monster kit for its birthday.

Nature has great patience. Our precursors may have been traveling between the stars for million of years. No need for space ships that way...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...llar_molecules

David A. Smith