Old February 24th 09, 02:43 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Pseudonyms, deceit and dirty tricks.

Ian Parker wrote:
:
eirdre Sholto Douglas E mail address is This is an
:Argonne National Laboratory E-mail address. The E-mail given in the
:thread is

:I don't think we have the same person.
:

Professionals typically don't post using their work email addresses,
Ian. You'd know this is you had even a single clue in your
possession.

Hint: I don't work for Google, but my email address I give when
posting is through GMail.

:
:I checked though the profile of
:this "bint Al-kalb" I find she is interested in Gaelic culture,
olitics and military matters. No interest whatsoever in biochemistry.
:

What 'profile' would that be, Ian? What does mine say? Where are you
looking?

: Ian, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt wrt to
: physics, but it's quite clear you're an absolute _dolt_ in the
: area of microbiology. * You obviously know nothing about e-
: donors, acceptors or shuttles and even less about bacterial
: metabolism or proteomics.
:
: Do yourself a flavor and shut up before you truly remove all
: doubt as to your recto-cranial inversion.
:
:This was clearly NOT written by a biochemist.
:

Clearly not, since Deirdre is a biologist.

:
:I came to the conclusion
:that it had been written using the Honeywell Buzzword Generator.
:

Of course you did, but then you come to all sorts of moronic
conclusions.

:
:Examination of E-mail addresses proves this.
:

How's that again? I'm not posting using my work email address either.
Is such a simple concept so totally beyond your limited intellect?

:
:To me the most serious
:thing is the fact that the "beni Al-kalb" are now in the business of
:stealing identities.
:

You know about slander laws, right, Ian?

:
:The fact that this admittedly crude biochemical
:reference was made indicates to me that the real Deirdre had been
:Googled. This to me is totally despicable.
:

Uh, you obviously don't know what 'Googled' means (either). Got
nothing to do with identity theft.

:
:Is the poster a woman? I would rather doubt it for this reason. Women,
:and this includes teenage girls, do not on the whole tell dirty jokes.
:

Have you ever known any women, Ian? It doesn't sound like it.

:
:"Recto cranial inversion" was clearly written by a man therefore.
:

What a preposterous assertion!

:
:If
:you are talking about a technical subject like biochemistry you cannot
:tell sex.
:

And apparently you don't know the first thing about the subject. I'm
revising my estimate of your mental age downward by quite a bit at
this point. Something pre-Junior High School, I think.

:
:The work she is doing in fact depends on Synchrotron Radiation. It is
:about the structure of biological organisms. Only a synchrotron can
roduce a bright source of soft X rays. The Argonne National
:Laboratory has got such a facility. The work the "real" person is
:doing is not remotely military. It is simply using "big science"
:facilities.
:

You have a point here somewhere?

:
:I am posting this in sci.physics.relativity for the following reason.
:

Uh, no, you aren't.

:
:A number of people are posting against the theory. I think this
:example shows that a few people richly endowed with pseudonyms can
:appear a very much larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
:into this question of pseudonyms. At one level you get ukastronomy who
:does in fact sign his postings with his real name. Someone else could
:represent ukastronomy in the future. You have Philip-Helbig-remove
:CLOTHES to reply. I am not sure though that Philip would wish for a
:reply from Deirdre (see above). This is fun, where there is an intent
:to deceive firm action should be taken.
:

The first thing they should do is get the lunatics and mental
defectives off Usenet. That's you, Ian.

Hint: Google doesn't own Usenet and lots of us don't post through it.

Hint: There is no authority to take "firm action" against someone,
other than the ISP they post through. Should we contact BT in London
about you?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine