Old June 4th 20, 10:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Boeing's 4 Million lbs Payload Rocket (LMLV) Large Multipurpose Launch Vehicle Concept

In article ,
says...

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 7:06:55 AM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Boeing's 4 Million lbs Payload Rocket (LMLV) Large Multipurpose Launch Vehicle Concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtmR9IRalQ

The fantasy part was the 372-inch solid motor to be used as strap-ons.
The largest diameter solid rocket motor ever tested was 260 inches,
which is a lot smaller when you take into account diameter vs area
involves a square term.

Besides, what payload of 4 million pounds (2,000 tons) would fit into the
payload capsule?

That is the weight of a large WW II destroyer warship.

Good question. Maybe the military has thought of something. Why yes
they have: tungsten rods

The Air Force's 'rods from god' could hit with the force of a nuclear
weapon ? with no fallout

Blake Stilwell, We Are The Mighty Feb 4, 2019, 10:05 AM

https://tinyurl.com/ycvjylx7

Imagine dropping 4 million pounds of tungsten rods on your enemy's
underground fortifications.

Jeff