Old March 21st 19, 01:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Rich field telescope?

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 5:24:16 AM UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 2:23:23 AM UTC-7, StarDust wrote:
Seems, hew design?

-cut-

This isn't what I would choose or recommend for the price shown, but I wouldn't pan it either. The inclusion of the 7x50 binocular is problematic, because the FOV isn't specified. The eyepiece might be nice to have, at 70-deg AFOV. You get a case too. Maybe the tripod can be used with other equipment.

I would rather a beginner get a larger-aperture Newtonian and a binocular of his/her own choosing.