Old December 20th 18, 12:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Let's Photograph Comet 46P Wirtanen

Davoud on 18 December:
Tonight's result with details is at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32503667868.

hleopold:
That is very nice. Is it that green in reality, or as close to reality as we
normally get?

Thank you. Good question! I did not purposely manipulate the color in
Photoshop, but it is possible that it changed slightly in stacking or
in the course of brightness and contrast adjustments (curves tool).
Most of the descriptions I have read describe the coma as being green.
But a photo that I made on 11 December looks more aqua blue than green
to my eyes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/31330206277. Take
your pick!

I haven’t had a chance to see it yet, though the weather service says that
the skies are clear, Clear Sky Chart shows no transparency and lousy seeing.
I am getting really tired of this. (N.E. Kansas)

Good luck with the waxing moon. Full moon on 22 December.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm