Old April 10th 16, 04:47 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Nicolaas Vroom

Default Paradox unexplained

Op vrijdag 8 april 2016 23:21:25 UTC+2 schreef jacobnavia:
Le 01/04/2016 16:47, Jos Bergervoet a écrit :

So why do people feel there is a paradox?!

A very good introductory article is in the magazine Aeon

https://aeon.co/essays/is-the-black-...tre-a-quantum=

-computer

Sorry but I have troubles with this article.

It starts with the text:

"But according to the laws of quantum mechanics, all of the information
about your body's build and function will prevail.

The relations between the atoms, the uncountable particulars that made
you you, will remain forever preserved, albeit in unrecognisably
scrambled form - lost in practice, but immortal in principle."
This seams like a simple text but it is very difficult to prove
that it is true. What means "body's build and function"?

If this is not clear then the whole text is not clear and indirect
its "deeper" meaning.

Next we read:

"according to our current physical understanding, information cannot
survive an encounter with a black hole."

The problem is what has the concept of "information" to do with
the physical evolution of a BH?

Next we read:

"the information paradox makes it aptly clear that physicists still do
not understand the fundamental laws of nature."

No it does not.

The problem is we do not know the details of the physical processes
involved in the lifecycle process of BH's.

And IMO this has nothing to do with the information paradox
which is also not clear.

When you study QM, for example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densit...d_mixed_states
you can see what this means related to (polarized) light.
This seems rather simple.

The problem is how can you use that in the context of the above
stated problem: "body's build and function".
How can you use that in relation to the lifecycle of a star who
becomes a red giant or supernova. I think that is tricky.

Nicolaas Vroom