Old April 3rd 16, 09:15 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Nicolaas Vroom

Default Paradox unexplained

Op vrijdag 1 april 2016 16:49:07 UTC+2 schreef Jos Bergervoet:
For the black hole information paradox I would expect
two seemingly conflicting results (as is necessary for
a paradox by definition,) e.g. like:

1) We know that information is lost because [...]
2) But also that it is not lost because [...]

Unfortunately I cannot find it clearly explained in
that way. To be honest, I cannot even find the first
statement clearly explained.

Actually, for statement 2) I also never found a really
satisfying explanation, but let's leave that out, since
without *two conflicting statements* there is no
paradox anyway.

So why do people feel there is a paradox?!

I understand your frustration.
In a sense when there is an information issue for a BH
than there should also be an information issue for the Sun.
when you drive in a car our brain (via our eyes) continuously receives
and creates new information and old information is erased and lost.
From a physical point, in order to understand the universe, this
information transfer process in our brain is completely unimportant.

When a comet collides with the Sun, before that event, we are capable,
based on a limited set of observations, to calculate the past
and future of that comet outside that range. After the collision we
know that the mass of the Sun has increased slightly and that
the trajectory of the Sun was affected. But if we want to calculate
the past of the Sun based on a limited set of observations
(after this collision event) we can not do that accurately.

The same problem exist for a BH. This has nothing to do that we humans
cannot observe a BH. After a collision of a star with a BH the two melt
together into one larger object and the physical details of each
before the event are physical lost. That is the physical reality.
In all these three cases I "see" no paradox.

Nicolaas Vroom
http://users.telenet.be/nicvroom/wik...on_paradox.htm