Old May 19th 21, 04:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Default Are We Alone ?

palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 1:20:09 AM UTC-7, Daniel65 wrote:
R Kym Horsell wrote on 18/5/21 1:09 am:
In alt.astronomy Bast wrote:
wrote:
Amazing how the whole point of this thread continues to be missed,
that distances are FAR too great for any practical travel between
stars, even in the very unlikely event of traveling near light
speed, or of any communications. All experience so far has
confirmed this.
You mean,......SO FAR
It was not that long ago the same thought about being impossible was
said about beng able to travel at speeds of over 30 miles per
hour......
Until it happened.
If I have missed the point that some people willl always refuse to
believe that limits are only something thet has not been figured out
yet, then you are right.
Wait until we discover that light actually can travel faster than
"C", and it's medium is actually the "stuff" we now wrongly call
"dark matter".

Sounds a bit speculative.

We know the speed of light in a vacuum is faster than the speed of
light in a material with a refractive index 1.

But we also know the vacuum is nowhere near empty -- there are virtual
particles, mostly electron/positron paris, jamming around any photon
trying to motor along. If you had a "real" quantum vaccum then you
might find photons moved faster.

O.K., pick me, I'll ask the question that everyone's thinking!! (My
theory is ... "The only dumb question is the question that goes
unasked!!)

Doesn't a 'photon' have Mass?? If so, then how could 'a "real" quantum
vacuum' possibly contain a photon??
--
Daniel

A photon has no mass but it does have momentum. Recall that nothing
with mass can attain the speed of light.

https://socratic.org/questions/how-d...um-of-a-photon

There you go, BREAKING THE RULES again.
No mass, can not have any momentum. THAT is the rule, and has been for
decades

Funny how alll the rules of physics are total and unquestionable,.....until
somebody discovers something that doesn't fit, so a new rule gets made up.

Even the new 2020-21 rule that no mass is allowed for any photon, or any
other Christian. Churches are closed, Masses are outlawed.
Get with the globalist programs and quit thinking for yourself. Or the
Ministry of Truth thought police will come for you.