Old January 16th 18, 08:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Default Warp Drive

Bast wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 12:31:53 PM UTC-6, Bast wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
Gene Roddenberry may have been inspired. It seems like
matter/antimatter fusion starship engines that exist halfway out of
the universe just may be the spark of life NASA needs to get us all
into deep space travel some day. And as black holes break all the
rules so would starships that exist halfway out of the universe.

If you knew anything about Star Trek at all. You would know that even
Roddenberry could not think past warp engines getting man outside of
the galaxy.
Inter galactic travel was still imagined to take generations.

Besides,.....there's still that ornery energy field at the edge of the
galaxy to get through without making your eyes glow.

There is a lot of truth in fiction you will some day find out. But
some of it is still imaginary. The Starship Enterprise could easily
make it to Andromeda in about three months and from one end of the
universe to the other in eight years.

Forget about fiction.
I'm still waiting for my flying car we were all supposed to have by the year
2000.
That all the "scientists" in the 1960's were telling us about.

Science is no better at telling us bull**** now, than they were then. And
the science fiction writers had just as bad a track record.

When I started reading this thread, I immediately thought about George
Jetson (remember him from the '60 kids show "The Jetsons") and wondered
what powered his "car"!

What time period was "The Jetsons" supposed to be set in??

--
Daniel

The three Ages of Man ....

1. Man believes in Santa Claus!!
2. Man does not believe in Santa Claus!!
3. Man IS Santa Clause!!