Old October 26th 17, 04:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Time and timekeeping

If people want to create a software language to model the motions of the Earth and other planets, solar system structure or galactic inputs as distinct from predicting astronomical events using celestial sphere software (RA/Dec) then there is a lot of amendments required. Let those who follow modelling using RA/Dec stick with it but even at a basic level it is absurd despite its usefulness for predicting events as times and dates.

Already a sci-fi nuisance attached himself to my response despite an explanation which allows the 'average' 24 hour day to substitute for 'constant' rotation at a rate of 15 degrees per hour, 1 degree per 4 minutes, ect. I wouldn't give these nuisances the satisfaction of knowing why RA/Dec can't compete with the Lat/Long system when it comes to the intricate principles and references involved, it is unbearable to suffer their graffiti in these threads although it may give them some pleasure.

I understand that whoever creates the template for modelling motions outside celestial sphere software will make a fortune as all the agencies or organizations use the calendar based framework inherited from the Greeks and later astronomers.