Old June 15th 17, 06:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default For all the Climate weenies

wrote in message
i don't want to bankrupt our USA, if that's what some of you imply,
but i don't care if some countries aren't fully on board either...
7.x billion people, and growing, and we want it all, with few consequences
what do you suggest? leave it for the future to worry about?
[or maybe some of you think - what's the problem? - there's no problem]
i'm far from a earth 1st nut, but i do what little i can, here and there
marc

*** I did startup on mostly coal fired power plants for about 15 years.
The gases from the furnace pass through Static Precipitators, which
remove 95% of the fly ash, which is then pumped into settling ponds.
The remaining flue gases are passes through huge scrubbers, which
are vats filled with limestone slurry, which removes the remaining
impurities from the flue gas. It gas is now only slightly warmer than
ambient and as clean as the air of any city. That entire venture of
cleanup came about as a direct result of acid rain, experienced in
the early 70s. Since then, technology has improved to the point that
the US is 8th least polluting country of the world, as per the World
Health Organization :
http://gamapserver.who.int/gho/inter...ure/atlas.html

However, the shysters and the opportunists want to make the wealthy
nations like us pay for the mistakes of the "poorer" nation, as China
and India are classified by these Climate zealots. But China and India
put one new coal fired plant on line each week, without any pollution
control equipment at all.

When the playing field is leveled so that every country contributes
according to their pollution contribution, then perhaps we can address
the issue in a sensible fashion. However, we should never bow to
cajoling and blackmail.