Old April 14th 11, 06:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
jim wilson

Default ASTRO: Aurora April 12

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
ster.com...
On 4/13/2011 1:21 PM, jim wilson wrote:
Looking north over northwest Calgary. A 90 degree panorama.
jim

Very well done. You stitch several shots together to get the wide field?
If so the fit nicely. I'd have expected motion of the aurora to make
joints obvious but don't see any at all.

What time was this. I looked out while the moon was still up about 3 a.m.
and saw nothing but bright moonlit sky so went to bed. Friend at 4 a.m.
got a nice shot of it here. That would be 9 UT.

Rick

Three 10 second shots put together using Autostitch free demo (remember
Menno's huge Moon composite?). Change in the aurora was quite gradual so it
all fit nicely. Like you I peeked outside at 3 AM (MDT) before going to
bed, saw what I thought was an aurora, took a quick shot to confirm the sky
was green, then took an hour of shots from the edge of a hill.
jim