Old January 24th 09, 04:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Martha Adams

Default George Friedman, The Next 100 Years

This newsgroup's topic looks at the future. Has anyone else here
thought of looking to see what *other* people are thinking about the
future? I've just acquired a copy of Friedman, and his 'The Next 100
Years' seems to me to want serious reading. Which I'm doing now.

I think I see a serious error in the book. He projects another world
war in the future, in which there is a major space war component. What
he completely misses, in my view, is he doesn't see the *major*
consequences of orbiting space junk after some large satellites have
been destroyed. Well, that's one view of the future.

Which reminds me of John Naisbitt's two Megatrends books. I read one of
those almost 30 years ago, and it had slipped from my memory. Now I
want to find a copy of his first Megatrends book, and read it again.

Because, here we are thinking about the future, and doesn't it make a
lot of sense to look around at what others have thought about the
future? If we do our homework, maybe *we* can say and do things that
have a useful impact.

Titeotwawki -- mha [sci.space.policy 2009 Jan 24]