Old November 17th 04, 02:04 AM
OM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:15:51 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I say "probably" because OM is sure that the original release of the
1/24th scale Gemini also had the landing gear on it- at one time I was
sure he was wrong, but the more I think about it, there is something a
bit familiar about that also.

....Pat, I wish I still had the kit to show you, but it's been gone
almost 30 years now. I do recall the landing gear quite vividly, and
being rather horked that the Rogallo wasn't included.

I've got a Revell 1/24th scale Gemini sitting about three feet from me
as I type, and that one at least has the landing gear doors molded
integral with the spacecraft's skin. So if they did have a 1/24th
version with the landing gear, they changed the molds at some point.
I'm going to get in touch with a space model whizz kid and get the
straight poop on this stuff; I'll let the newsgroup know what I find out.

....Remember that the 1/48th was planograph reduced from the 1/24th, as
with most of Revell's space kits. The sole exception I can recall was
the 1/24th really awful Block I CSM stack, which deviated from the
produced-far-more-than-should-be-legally-allowed CSM "Over The
Rainbow" 1/96 CSM stack.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr