Old June 25th 04, 12:56 AM
WayneH

Default Review of TMB optical Monocentric eyepieces

On 24 Jun 2004 16:15:28 -0700, (Leonard) wrote:

mention of GS review of TMB SuperMono EPs snipped

What do you all think about this review after such glowing
reviews from other people over the last few months ?

I hope this isn't just a troll, but here goes - From my personal
experience, the review contains nore than a bit of hogwash. I've
compared SuperMonos to Pentax SMC orthos, Tak orthos, and Televue
Plössls of similar focal lengths, in my 10" SCT, a 90mm F11 refractor,
and a 12˝" F8 Newt (of exceptional quality), and the Monos won in
every category except FOV.

Note that I have not tried the Monos in short FL instruments, so I've
no opinion in this area.

Wayne Hoffman
33° 49" 17' N 117° 56" 41' W
"Don't Look Down"