Old January 2nd 04, 05:47 PM
Shawn Grant

Default Short wish list for 2004

1. Questar 5. It should have a 1600mm f.l., to go with 127 or 128mm clear ap.,
for f/12.5 (a bit less than the others; better for deep sky but still keeping
central ob. small.) It would be portable but better than minimal 89mm version.

I wish Questar would charge a resonable amount for thier puny ass
scopes. Lets say around a few hundred. Anyone who buys a Questar is a
stupid moron.

3. 70mm refractor with 900mm f.l., for decent beginner use and good color
correction. (How can mfrs. get away with so many short-focus non-apochromats? Do
they have better glass, or are they just putting out color-smudging rubbish?)

I wish people would stick refractors where the sun don't shine. They
would go up there easy since they are small. A good beginner scope
would be a 6 or 8 inch dob something large enough where they can see
something.