Old March 12th 15, 08:15 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Richard D. Saam

Default An old galaxy at z=7.1

On 3/7/15 2:47 AM, Steve Willner wrote:
In article ,
jacob navia writes:
http://www.eso.org/public/archives/r...8/eso1508a.pdf

This is an interesting paper, but because it's in _Nature_, not all
the information is given. In particular, it looks to me as though
the uncertainties on the physical quantities are underestimated, and
I don't see how the authors derive the expected equivalent width for
the C III] line. (It isn't in the reference cited.) A dust
temperature as low as 35 K also strikes me as unlikely; the CMBR
temperature is 23 K, after all. None of this changes the basic and
valuable result that there must be _some_ dust in the galaxy, and in
fact more of the galaxy's luminosity comes out in the rest-frame FIR
than in the UV.

Why is CMBR presently at 2.7 K and (1+7.1)*2.7 K = 22 K
considered dogma
when the temperatures thermodynamically approaching zero are available
not in thermal equilibrium with CMBR 2.7 K and (1+7.1)*2.7 K = 22 K
particularly in the context that dust thermal emissivity
may be an indicator of these low temperatures although
related extremely long wavelengths are not measurable at this time
as calculated by
established black body spectrum peak wave length theory.

wave length (cm) = h*c/(4.96536456*Boltzmann*T)

Emission T K Emission wave length (cm)
2.2E+01 1.3E-02
2.7E+00 1.1E-01
1.0E+00 2.9E-01
1.0E-01 2.9E+00
1.0E-02 2.9E+01
1.0E-03 2.9E+02
1.0E-04 2.9E+03
1.0E-05 2.9E+04
1.0E-06 2.9E+05
1.0E-07 2.9E+06
1.0E-08 2.9E+07
1.0E-09 2.9E+08
1.0E-10 2.9E+09
1.0E-11 2.9E+10
1.0E-12 2.9E+11
1.0E-13 2.9E+12
1.0E-14 2.9E+13
1.0E-15 2.9E+14
1.0E-16 2.9E+15
1.0E-17 2.9E+16

Paraphrasing and amplifying your statement:
more of the galaxy's luminosity comes out in the higher wave lengths
with the possibility that
non currently measurable long wave length luminosity
represents large portions of galactic and extra-galactic dust.

This concept is further amplified by introducing
experimentally available dimensionless material emissivity factors(F)
into black body spectrum peak wave length theory:

wave length (cm) = h*c/(F^(1/4)*4.96536456*Boltzmann*T)

Carbon and other dust candidates such as silicates or metal types
have emissivity factors(F) on the order of .1 - .9 .
I have looked for experimental emissivity factors(F) for gaseous types
such as hydrogen agglomerate particles
and have not found them
but anticipate their emissivity factors(F) .1
making their thermal emissivity detection further problematic.

Such anticipated increased dust would contribute
to a more rapid star formation within the context of BB theory.

Richard D Saam