Old July 2nd 12, 05:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
wHAMO

Default looking for detailed past weather radar archives

Ok, I think I figured it out after playing around with the software. Almost
all of the variables have filters so simply filtering the radar data to
exclude the most sensitive (and noisy) range seems to get rid of the radar
clutter. Now I just have to determine which is the highest resolution for
the most zoomed in area.

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 22:59:06 -0400, "wHAMO"
wrote:

I'm on the search for detailed radar archives dating back probably at
least
10 years. I came across Weather Underground, which is the best I have
been
able to find so far, but I wish it was more detailed than just hourly, and
am seeking out possible alternatives.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

All the archived U.S. Dopper radar data can be found at
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/nexradinv/ , typically with 10-minute
resolution.