Old March 24th 08, 03:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Military vs Civilian Orbital Laboratories, Vehicles, and Crews

On Mar 24, 9:11*am, BradGuth wrote:

We've all heard of "Clarke Station" and of the Boeing Oasis
alternative, but either of those is nothing compared to my 256e6 tonne
LSE-CM/ISS that's directly tethered to the moon.

I guess I've been too involved with getting out the truth about
Mission 51-L to have heard about any of the above. At least that's my
excuse anyway.

A sufficiently large artificial solar shade that's made up of PV
panels so that an unlimited amount of energy becomes available, would
not only interactively shade this ML1 gateway/habitat, but it'll run
anything you could imagine. *I believe there's nearly 98% solar
illumination available for this moon L1 location.

That concept makes sense to me, because during this decade my interest
in eventual manned missions to the moon has shifted almost entirely.to
our moon's value as a great resource for solar energy. I don't know
how close it is to "98%" though. I think you're on the right track
with first getting to our moon's L1 safely.

JTM