Old July 3rd 03, 10:26 AM
Richard Darn

Default ETX125 vs LXD55 SN6

Andrew

Good to hear you are having a good time - but judging by all the internet
chatter, some others have not been so fortunate with the mount. The optics
on the other hand seem to getting a lot of praise.

"andrew" wrote in message
I'm getting on ok with my SN6-EC !
Although the OTA had to be exchanged due to some marks on the corrector
plate, the mount is stable and smooth in operation.

It is NOT a portable scope however, I'm lucky in that it's only a few

steps
out of the door to nice dark (err) darkness.

I have had some great views of Jupiter, The Moon and a brief glimpse of

M31.
Just got my 'Special Offer' Eyepieces the other day and looking forward to
trying them out...

cheers

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:06:43 +0200, in uk.sci.astronomy , "Bas Prins"
wrote:

Thanks I appreciate your opinion. On the other hand I would like some
recommendations on the two scopes, with regard to quality, usefullness

and
pricing.

Instead of "What would you recommend?" I should have asked "Which would

you
recommend?"

Neither, they're both bad choices for a beginner.

Sorry, but you asked.

--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption
=---