Old October 28th 11, 03:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia[_5_]

Default Zubrin: Obama readies to blast NASA: a lie

Le 27/10/11 21:25, Hop a écrit :
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...to-blast-nasa/

Sure hope Zubrin is wrong.

Looking again at that newspaper (the washington times) I discover now
that I misidentified it with the Washington Post, a newspaper that has
similar front page font...

Looking at the content of this newspaper it is obvious that this is a
republican only newspaper, geared to the campaign against Obama.

Obviously there is nothing wrong with being anti-Obama, but this
newspaper is way too partisan to be taken seriously.

There isn't ANY other major newspaper that has taken Mr Zubrin
stand or given it credit, besides Slate...

More important, NASA officials have denied the rumours
started by Mr Zubrin:

http://www.space.com/13431-nasa-plan...ts-rumors.html

quote
Speaking at an Oct. 27 meeting of the NASA Advisory Council’s Planetary
Science subcommittee, Jim Green, director of NASA’s Planetary Science
division, took issue with an opinion piece claiming the agency was
gutting its robotic exploration program following a pair of upcoming
missions.

“It is not true the planetary program is being killed,” Green told
subcommittee members participating via telephone and Internet. He was
referring to an assertion by Robert Zubrin, an outspoken advocate of
Mars exploration, in an opinion piece published Oct. 26 by the
Washington Times.
end quote