Old September 15th 03, 06:48 AM
Jim Greenfield

Default Popping The Big Bang

"J. Scott Miller" wrote in message ...
Thanks again for once again demonstrating how a lack of understanding of a
scientific theory allows one to make foolish statements in public. My
suggestion - get some knowledge and stop making stupid statements.

So will a few mouthfulls of your 'raisin bread' help my ignorance? If
you can't 'see' that the whole BBB's was proposed because the earth
'seemed' to be near the center of the universe, as every way we look
the red shift appears to show galaxies moving away, then YOU fit the
description!
How handy is it that 'space is expanding, taking matter with it'?? Yet
I've yet to observe anything expand without energy change, or been
advised of atoms getting larger-- and they surely contain space! So
just which 'space' will you nominate to expand? Is it that within
atoms, between molecules, between stars, or galaxies? Is it all
expanding, or just what suits the BB Theory? Last crap I saw posted in
BB support had it confined to 'groups of galxies'.

Any way- answer the post or shut up!
Can a being at position 13.7 bly west of here, see one 13.7 east?
What do they observe when they 'look beyond'?
What are the dimensions of the universe?
What is it's age?
Has light from one side of the universe reached the other?
(Some people are afraid of the dark, and BBs and DHRs of 1/0 )