Old May 4th 05, 09:58 AM
Damon Hill

"dmitrik" wrote in
oups.com:

I remember reading some info about it from Energia.
Basically "Parom" ("Ferry") is supposed to be an unmanned
space tug in LEO. Bulk cargo (food, water, fuel) is to be
launched into orbit in simple containers, picked up by the
Parom and then maneuvred and docked to the destination (ISS
or the hypothetical future Mars ship). Parom itself is
designed for 5-10 years of on-orbit operations. I think it
is based on Progress PAO but I might be wrong. There is not
much info about it, I guess it's one of those "if only we
had enough money" projects.

I know--if only I had a trillion or so dollars to play with...
Anatoly Zak at RussianSpaceWeb says he has more information
about Parom which he will be posting soon.

--Damon