Old March 16th 18, 06:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default BFR early next year.

JF Mezei wrote on Thu, 15 Mar 2018
23:14:16 -0400:

On 2018-03-15 07:16, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Let me say it again, since it seems not to have registered the first
time. BFR DOES NOT COMPETE WITH SLS. FALCON HEAVY DOES.

At the marketing level, NASA pushes SLS/Orion as the spaceship to Mars.
(we all know this isn't a Mars ship, but NASA pitches it as such in
public aka: to politicians). Even Trump thinks SLS is going to Mars,

And it may very well do so if NASA continues stupid.

Musk announced BFR/BFS in a pitch for Mars colonisation, even setting
target price of $200k per passenger to Mars.

nnnn

Let me say it again. BFR DOES NOT COMPETE WITH SLS. FALCON HEAVY
DOES. n

It was pointed to me here very often that Falcon Heavy is just a
transitional temporary project and that BFR will replace it.