Old March 30th 04, 08:52 PM
Andrew Cockburn

Watch this space ...

Regards,

Andrew

In article K5hac.399$qI1.351@newsfe1-win, says...
"""Waiting for my LX90 to arrive ... """

I'd be glad to hear your views also; once the clouds have settled after
delivery...

Regards

Chris

"Andrew Cockburn" wrote in message
Congrats !

Waiting for my LX90 to arrive ... its even harder now I just read your
post :-)

Andrew Cockburn

In article ,
says...
I've never been much good at star-hopping, hence the desirability of

GOTO.

We recently left a small GOTO in South Africa for future visits

(aaaahhh,
southern skies...) and after a disappointing brush with an Ebay

'special'
decided to take the plunge on an LX90.

The manual seems pretty comprehensive and is easily read. The scope

needs
minimal assembly.

With tonight's clear skies, the scope saw it's first light. Jupiter and
Saturn, although impressive by the smaller reflector standards, were

less
impressive than I had expected. A star test quickly showed that the

scope
needed collimating, a task I've not enjoyed on newtonian scopes. The

LX90
proved to be a piece of cake to sort and took less than 5 minutes on my
first attempt with this type of scope. The trick seemed to be in making

very
small adjustments and the three (secondary) screws needed about 1/8th of

turn each. Less than 5 minutes work saw the 'airy disk' with well formed
concentric rings.

A quick turn to Jupiter now saw the red (pale) spot, and clear

definition in