Old January 7th 16, 09:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Stayed home most of the week. East wind howling with 55 mph gusts early on. Temp was 25F. Then some snow came on Sunday, followed by a coating of ice on Monday. Kids got a couple days off from school.

My lifelong friend, Dennis, who now also lives in Gresham, came by on New Years Day with a fifth of my favorite bourbon, Wild Turkey! What a friend!

Had lunch with Kim again yesterday. The more I listen to here tales of woe, the more I realize what a mysterious woman she is. Something like my ex-wife.

Today there is finally a break from the winter weather. Currently a relatively pleasant 44F and perfectly calm as of 1:00 PM PST here in Gresham.

I hear that formerly parched LA is now turning into a water world, with on storm after another coming in! Earthquakes too.

The stock market is in free fall, following the lead of the Chinese market. And as they always say on Wall Street, as goes the first day, so goes January, and as goes January, so goes the year!

Gold has begun to edge upward. No surprise there.

Double-A