Old January 4th 18, 07:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Relativity question

I sometimes come back to this 13 year old thread as it contains a lot of elements that were developed from scratch linking plate tectonics and its effects, the spherical deviation of the planet, electromagnetic signatures and other facets all connected via fluid dynamics.

I understand that most would be cheerleaders for articles that surface every now again but these things were new and remain that way without any significant advancement. I followed the rise of rotational influences on plate tectonics and it is a mess despite the appearance that some progress is being made but it will always come back to the differential rotation across latitudes as the mechanism behind so much evolution of the surface crust.

My goodness, how things change over the years while some other things remain the same. It wasn't a matter of getting it right but that one differential rotation mechanism serves two purposes in linking geological evolution with planetary shape so it makes no sense to exempt our home planet from principles that are observed on all rotating celestial objects with fluid compositions.