Old February 20th 07, 04:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
So as long as we're going to kill people by the tens or hundreds of
thousands

Pat, how many of those suicide bombers were *recruited by, trained by and
paid for by* the United States?

It's easy to claim numbers- how many civilians have actually been killed by
US and Coalition forces, and how can you prove it?

DON'T blame the US for Sunni/Shiia violence. Sunday's Doonsbury has a far
better explanation.

On the whole, though, I believe you are correct. A fundamental flaw in US
policy is our insistance that we want to be everyone's friend, and act as if
that's the case. I much prefer the philosophy espoused by what was my AOL
sig- we don't have to like each other, we only have to live with each other.
I thought of this while watching Yugoslavia break down. Just because the
threat of Tito was lifted *did not* obligate anyone to fire the first shot.
In Iraq, just because Saddam was gone *did not* oblige anyone to start
killing anyone else. It's voluntary and self-inflicted and NOT the fault of
the US.

We might be better off spending another $10 billion digging a trench around
the border of Iraq and killing everything and everyone who tries to cross
the trench, either way. Seal off Iraq for a few years until they kill enough
of themselves, then salvage the rest. Cooperate with each other, find your
own solution, or die.

I also think we should have annexed a portion of Iraq near the Iraqi/Saudi
neutral zone, as well as a coridoor to the sea, and made that a permanent
base. That way, we wouldn't need to depend on any of the local nations for
military support.