Old August 27th 03, 03:47 PM
Starlord

I've never seen mars as B/W, it's always at lest orange in color.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

wrote in message
Hi All -

I was showing Mars to some friends, as I suppose a lot of us are lately(!)
and a question came up that I couldn't eloquently explain -

Why does Mars, or anyplanet, appear as "black and white" through a pretty
good telescope, while all the photos are in glorious color?

My weak explanation was that I "couldn't afford a color telescope," then I
tried to remember the rods and cones in the eye and all that. But I know
there is a better and shorter way to explain this...

Thanks!
Brian

---