Old December 3rd 17, 07:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

Default Voyager 1 Fires Up Thrusters After 37 Years

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 17:34:12 UTC+1, Chris L Peterson wrote:

They're a great way to power deep space probes. But they weren't the
remarkable thing here. The remarkable thing was that moving parts
actually moved after decades in a vacuum. That's a very tricky thing
to manage.

Imagine the problems of firing their thrusters, as they finally reach their nearest star. The remaining female survivors walk unsteadily down the gangplank, after countless centuries of travelling. Only to be 'fumbled' by our very own Stumpy, who lives on quite another planet from the rest of us.

"Take me to your leader?"

Eeny, meany, miny, no...?

Which among our infinitely corrupt, tribal warlords is remotely qualified to make that claim?

It is no wonder THEY are waiting so damned long before making formal contact!