Old March 21st 17, 04:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Default So, what's on the Moon?

I think that the notion that the Universe is beautiful is purely
sentiocentric; it wouldn't be beautiful if if no one were in it to say
that it is beautiful.

Chris L Peterson:
That's true. But it's beautiful while there's something sentient to
make that observation, and it's all meaningless when there isn't.

Sometimes I take the nihilistic view‹that on a sufficiently large scale
it is all meaningless in any case. Strangely, perhaps, that view is
sometimes comforting, at odd moments.

"...I don't feel frightened by not knowing being lost in a
mysterious Universe without having any purpose, which is the way it
really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me."
‹Richard Feynman

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm