Old March 20th 17, 11:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default So, what's on the Moon?

Chris L Peterson:
Yes. I think it's likely we will kill most of ourselves off and
destroy our current civilization within the next century. It's
probably inevitable.

Davoud:
Well, happy springtime to you, too!

I am neither happy nor sad at the prospect. Nature takes its course as
nature takes its course. The Universe is beautiful to me now, and it
really doesn't matter if anyone or anything is here to make that
observation.

Not even a tiny bit melancholy? da Vinci, da Shakespeare, da
Michelangelo, all lost along with everyone who could appreciate them?

I think that the notion that the Universe is beautiful is purely
sentiocentric; it wouldn't be beautiful if if no one were in it to say
that it is beautiful.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm