Old June 9th 05, 04:28 PM
Robert Kolker

L. Merk wrote:

ocean of light, to those worlds within worlds where the star-children
wait.

We can't get there from here. It is too far.

By the way the landings on the Moon have nore more long range import
than Lief Ericksohn making landfall in Newfoundland. What counts is long
term settlement, not leaving foot prints in a desolation.

The true frontier is not Out There but In Here. Finding out how are
brains really work so we can produce something that is -really-
intelligen. Our three pound globs of goo living between our ears have
limitations which we must overcome. If we do, then getting Out There
will be a side effect.

Bob Kolker