Old December 2nd 18, 10:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Astra geostationary satellites through telescope

I see the nuisances who have plagued my threads for a few decades won't deal with a geostationary satellite fixed over a longitude meridian but continue to post graffiti on information that is really important and productive for creating a system for Mars.

I feel human habitation on Mars is currently a death sentence but the opposite for human flight into the local neighbourhood and a worthy engineering endeavor worth pursuing. A telescope on Mars or the Moon is something also worth considering so given the success of the recent lander on Mars, dropping a delicate instrument like a telescope on the surface is a lot closer.