Old June 11th 04, 07:19 PM
Ami Silberman

From: LaDonna Wyss ]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 1:48 PM
To: Ami Silberman
Subject: news flash.......mosley bleeds from O-ring.

Reposted from mail with permission. Personal identification removed.

Well, first of all I believe anyone who dies in uniform dies in service to

his country. I also believe those who die after serving in uniform die in
service to their
country. It is to be respected and honored, regardless of the capacity in

which the
person served. From a member of the Air Force band to a member of an

assault
strike team in the Marine Corps, they are all working to defend the

country.
By the way, are you aware those launches take place NOT on NASA property

but
on Air Force property? That lends a military aspect right there.

Yes, I was aware of that. The AF leases the facilities to NASA. However, the
way
you use the term isn't the way most people use the word. Most people
consider a
difference between death after serving their country, while serving, and
while
defending it.

But the fact is, they were not just climbing on rockets so they could zip

around
the sky and yell "Whoopee." There was a larger picture involved, a much

larger
picture. The fact that in all likelihood the Soviet Union was behind

Apollo One
(even only by bribery) makes Gus, Ed, and Roger casualties of war.

As for D&D, it is a very disturbing "game" that has had real consequences

for
innocent bystanders. I have no use for it whatsoever.
LaDonna

Well, you know next to nothing about D&D. What are some of these "real
consequences for innocent bystanders"? Other than occasional soft-drink
spills and a penchant of gamers to fail to clean up after themselves, I
can't say that I've seen any. (All the "Satanic Murder" stories etc. have
been pretty well debunked.) I've seen as many people drop out of school or
disrupt their love lives with bridge, model rocketry, and sports as I have
with role-playing games, and I've been playing them for close to 30 years
now.