Old January 15th 06, 01:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Is this like some kind of rule?

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:47:12 -0500, Rich wrote:

That says Northeastern observing (clear sky) is only possible
when the wind is howling, when the temp is at least -5d C and
the Moon is full?
-Rich

Sorry Rich, but it's my fault. Remember all those scopes that got sold
just to look at Halley's comet ? There were probably a fair number sold
just because Mars was really close last October too. I bought one of
them. Problem is, I intended to keep using it afterwards. I guess I
should have filed an impact statement with the EPA. Maybe it would help
if I didn't have it set up in my living room and didn't shine it up
everyday wondering if I'd ever be able to look through it instead if at it.