Old June 27th 03, 03:54 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Query about Mars

David I'm watching what I say. Let me ask you this does Mars atmosphere
have an ozone layer? A very well received theory put together in 1996 by
a German biochemist has the precursors of life may have first formed
around volcanic cracks in the ocean floor. His reasoning the earth's
atmosphere 3.5 billion years ago had no ozone layer. Without a ozone
layer there is no protection against ultraviolet radiation. Not until 3
billion years ago did the earth create an ozone layer and then life took
off. I think there has to be oxygen in the atmosphere to create ozone.
Has the Martian atmosphere some oxygen? I posted not to long ago that
a planet two times bigger than the earth,and lots of surface water
heated by the planet's internal heat could be more beneficial to life
than a planet near a sun,and no way to block out harmful radiation.
Harmful radiation from our sun kills a half million people a year
Still I like our sun,but I'm smart enough to stay in the shade.
Bert .