Old June 25th 03, 10:36 AM
Painius

Default Query about Mars

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message ...
I was musing about the following situation, maybe someone can offer
some thoughts?

WRT to Mars my current understanding is that the climate is harshly
carbon dioxide (is it?). If it is then we know that trees and plants
can change carbon dioxide into more friendly climatic gasses for human
habitation.

So if there were water deposits found on Mars, how viable would it be
to engineer some serious vegetation on the planet so that the
atmosphere starts to develop more human friendliness? . . .

Let's say... some forms of life, we'll call them "luman beings," are
searching this section of the galaxy for a new place to live. The
lumans come across our Sun and find that the third planet from the
star has the best overall rating to support their species. But they
just have to make a few... uhm... adjustments to make the planet
perfectly suitable for lumans.

It's unfortunate that these "adjustments" will eradicate all forms of
life presently residing there. But who cares? The lumans are only
interested in making a place for themselves. Other life forms are
insignificant and can be anhilated. For lumans, it's okay to develop
other planets toward more "luman friendliness."

Are we human? or luman?

Andrew

Problems scheduling resources? Check out
KazPlan Enterprise and Personal Editions!
at http://www.kazmax.co.uk/OurSoftware.asp

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--