Old November 25th 08, 09:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 157

I have to correct myself, the galaxy is at -8 degrees, which is a good
reason to ignore it as I never get good detail on anything below the
celestial equator. So I have to change "great picture" to "very great
picture" (although this does not sound like a valid phrase).

Stefan

"Stefan Lilge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Great picture Rick. Makes me wonder how I managed to overlook this one so
far.

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ster.com...
This is another Herschel 400 object, a galaxy this time. It's also one I
never revisited since observing it for the list in the early 80's.
Seeing was poor and while it has several HII regions I should have been
able to pick up, seeing seems to have obliterated them. Halpha probably
would help as well. This will have to do for now. I couldn't find a
good distance estimate for this one but since it is a lone galaxy, not
part of a group the red shift distance of 60 million light years may be
somewhat in the ball park.

14" LX200R @ F/10, L=4x10' binned 2x2, RGB=2x10' binned 3x3,
STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick