Old September 19th 05, 11:52 PM

dasun wrote:
Well yes I am excited! After 3 decades of inaction and NASA busy work
it finally gets the show on the road - providing the politicians do not
get stuck into it.

Given financial & political realities this is the best we could have
hoped for. See it for what it is - a starting point that gives an
industrial and experience base for grander journeys in the future. As
someone who just remembers Armstrong taking his first step I would love
to have seen a more definitive Mars direction but I am just glad that a
window beyond LEO has finally opened let us hope the politicians do not
close it.

AS for the stick and using shuttle hardware, well why not? At least it
is a known and I have little faith in brand new systems and even
smaller faith in the nascent commercial space industry being able to
deliver on their promises.

So nothing happened in the space exploration area after moon landing?
Apparently, Pioner/Voyager and other space probes, Hubble don't count
to technological and science progress. It is Startrek future vision
that matters, right?

It looks like humans have less and less role in space exploration,
pretty obvious, isn't it? Let's be reasonable and adjust the goals to
conform the reality.