Old February 6th 15, 03:46 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default So sort of a trivia quiz

"David Spain" wrote in message

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 8:34:23 PM UTC-5, David Spain wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 11:10:09 PM UTC-5, Greg (Strider) Moore
wrote:
Second:
Which launch pad (or complex if you wish) has launched the most
DIFFERENT
types of rockets.
Right now LC-39B comes to mind:
Saturn V
Saturn IB
Shuttle
Ares 1-X

I'm sure there are others that can beat that?

Ok trivia/history buffs go to work.

Unless the ESA can beat that I sort of doubt that. Russian launch pads
are more special purpose build outs aren't they?

In fact I couldn't find any history of a Saturn IB launch at LC-39A for
that matter. So even with Saturn V and Shuttle and the F9H that will only
make for 3 types of rockets. With the launch of SLS, LC-39B will still
comfortably hold onto the lead with up to 5 different types!

Dave

OH OH I forgot the Skylab! Now would that count as a different rocket? If
so, that would put LC-39A at 4 and tied with LC-39B until SLS.

Dave

Some call the Saturn V that launched Skylab as a variation on the variation
known as "Int-21" but I think it's same basic rocket.
And know, LC-39A didn't do a Saturn IB. They had the IB on 39B for launch
soon after Skylab, until the solar shield issues came up.

And after that they were starting to renovate 39A for the shuttle.