Old April 19th 18, 09:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Averaging and the Equation of Time

What I wouldn't give for a disciplined observer instead of airheads scrawling on information that looks forwards and backwards in history.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ireland/dublin

A location exits the circle of illumination (sunrise) and re-enters it (sunset) with noon anchored midway to these rotational events regardless of season. The anchor for daily rotation is noon so the combination of two rotations, one constant and the other variable in response to the Earth's orbital motion creates the natural variation which has been observed for many hundreds of years. The Equation of Time reduces the anchor observation of the total length of time across many fixed noon observations to a 24 hour average by adding or subtracting timekeeping minutes and seconds to maintain the anchor of the 24 hour day to natural noon.

The Equatorial speed is 1669.8 KM per hour based on a rate of rotation of 15 degrees across all latitudes via the Lat/Long system. Instead of sending satellites to look for alien planets it is must better to get to know our own planet first.