Old October 25th 07, 10:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default Have You Been Thinking About Solar Flares?

On Oct 24, 11:53 am, BradGuth wrote:
On Oct 24, 8:32 am, javawizard wrote:

There's a link to a pretty interesting article about solar flares fromwww.large-things.com
Enjoy!
- Jeff -

And such halo CMEs if large enough are potentially downright lethal to
the shuttle and ISS crew unless those extra nasty photons and
electrons of gamma and X-rays are getting blocked by mother Earth.

Imagine being caught within or outside of our protective Van Allen
badlands, much less upon our salty old naked moon that's seriously
gamma and X-ray saturated to begin with. Got rad-hard DNA?
- Brad Guth -

With our magnetosphere failing us by roughly -.05%/year, it will not
be long for the likes of our frail human DNA, anyway. Perhaps we can
return to the sea, or survive underground.
- Brad Guth -